Wednesday, April 6, 2011

imagine story. 100 yrs from now

As I lay there in a pile of water with nothing on I’m completely naked. I can’t help but question what has happened and why I’m waking up on hop of a mountain. The last thing I can remember is hanging out with my friends at this party and everyone was drinking but after a while I noticed people really starting to act weird, I told the people I had came with I wanted to go. They started to freak out saying that I was going to tell their parents, and how they would get in trouble. Out of know where someone yelled “Let’s just get rid of him, we can kill him and hide his body”! I could see that people were consider doing it, I seen most people pop some pills while they were drinking, so I feel like the drugs and alcohol are taking over. From there on out I don’t know what else was done.
“How long have I been up here? What time is it? Where am I? Will I die before I find another person?
All these questions just kept running through my head, so all I could do is walk. Walk to see where I’m at, what I could find and if I’m even miles within a town. I’m walking down this very steep hill, my legs feel like jello. Everything around me seems different then what I had imagined, everything just seems so, so new. I walked for probably 8 miles before I had seen anything that looked like life could be around it. Finally I arrive at a gas station and as I walk up to enter the door there is a calendar outside and it read June 21st, 2111. At that moment I wanted to die because I remember the year I went to the party the month and day to be exact, Feburary 12, 2011. Its now 100 years later and everything is different, the animals look different, cars, houses, even candy in the store is different, everything’s so bubbly. I ask the cashier what town were in and she responds to Las Vegas but were basically on the border line of that and another town she told me if I wanted to get to Las Vegas the city buses would start running at 5 am. I had some time to spare since it was only 1:30 am. I picked out a few things to eat chips, a pop, this weird pack of gum and a crossword puzzle. The total came to 11.18 I thought that was way to much the woman at the counter started to ask me if I was just a tourist and that every state has a different tax percent. I decide to take a little nap in the café area in the back of the store, I ask the woman if she could wake me up at 430 she said she would because that’s when her shift ended. As the time is going by I’m trying to sleep but all I could think about was what Las Vegas was like just because from what I could remember it was always party and no sleep. I am awakened by someone touching my shoulder it was the woman, letting me know that she was now getting off work and I had a half hour to wait for the bus. The bathroom was the first place I wanted to go because I knew once I had made it there that I wasn’t going to want to do anything else but site see and figure out my story pretty much. By 5:45 am I’m waiting to get off at my stop well I really don’t even know which stop is mine, next thing I hear is “Last stop, Las Vegas and 34th ave. I stood up and walked to get off the bus. There were quiet a few people outside already, many looking like their going to work, something that I feel like I need to be doing is talking to the police or someone to see if I had ever been filed more missing. As I’m walking down the street I see a transit cop, I couldn’t tell the difference between him and a real cop so I proceeded to walk to him. I asked him if he could talk for a minute because this was a pretty weird story. He took me to his car which actually looked like a regular cop car except is was more new, it didn’t run off of gas but electricity way back before I had disappeared cars were starting to come out like this but they weren’t that popular way to expensive and if it was helping saving money on gas it sure wasn’t with the electric bill. I’ve heard some talk about a car being able to fly but that’s like 10 years from now. Too much technology is going right now and I’m really not worried about the main thing, the reason I disappeared and why. I feel like this is a mystery so I decide to go to the public library, holy is everything different in here theirs no more book only electronic readers that your able to purchase book, magazines and many more things. The computers do not have a keyboard on a mouse, it types what you say, and instead of a mouse you just drag your finger in the air mostly like an invisible screen that your touching. I go to the internet to search my name and see what comes up. I type in James Johnson the first thing I see is my death my and I starting moving my finger around in the air to see what more it says. The story starts off just as it had left off in my head. My so called friends killed me, the tried to bury my body somewhere in the woods but it was discovered in the woods not even 1o miles away from the house I was at. It doesn’t say which one specifically did what because from what it sounds like everyone was scared and no one wanted to get in trouble. So they all started pointing fingers at each other and after so long and so many different stories they were all charged with first degree murder. I scroll down a little more and the last thing I expected, happened. I had been cloned 2 years after my death, cloning had become very popular over the years but would need to be programmed like a robot. I was never programmed so I was only a tester to see what was going to happen, so I just don’t understand why I’m having feelings, these emotions if I was never meant to be a person anyway. On my license it said that I was a organ donor so I guess they donated my body to science. It says that a few years after my death everything started to fall apart. My parents divorced, and a few years after that she committed suicide. Within 2 hours of me being at the library the government detected something weird with my computer with what I was researching and the next thing I know I had 3 government agents coming towards me, telling me that they needed to take me in a talk to me. Now I’m sitting here in this room cold, no sound, anything but me handcuffed to a chair. They walk in and start questioning me so I’ve told them everything up until this point right now. They start saying code things to each other and I all I can do is sit and wonder. I’m told to stand up they un-handcuff me we walk into another room with life size pill capsule and I see a table that is long enough to lay on next thing I know is I’m being injected with a needle in my arm doing something weird to my body and I feel like I can’t breathe, I can’t feel my arms or legs I think there going to put my body in that life size pill. From there on everything started to blur.

No comments:

Post a Comment